How do I start my business?
If you are interested in starting a business, our team of advisors can provide you with the expertise and resources you need to make an informed decision. You can take advantage of all of our resources including:
- free confidential one-on-one advising at any of our centers
- free online classes (basic level)
- low-cost fee-based training at our centers
- low-cost fee-based training online (beginner to advanced)
How do you help me start my business?
If you have a business plan or just an idea you want to explore further, here are a few ways we can help:
- explore your business idea
- assist with market research
- review your business plan
- select a business entity
- prepare for a meeting with your lender
- establish core accounting practices
How do I start using your services?
Not quite ready to start yet?
Take advantage of several online courses that can help you pull together what you need.
Online SBA courses. Free online courses covering topics ranging from successful pricing models to patents, trademarks, and copyrights to how to prepare government contract proposals and more. Courses are online and average approximately 30 minutes in length.
Online SBDC courses. Free online courses covering topics ranging from analyzing your competition to partners and investors to promoting your business and more. Many classes are offered in Spanish.
Online SBDC business plan tool. Free online business plan tool that walks you through a full business plan. With the tool you’ll have opportunities to ask a consultant questions as you develop your complete plan.