Become a Kansas SBDC client. Sign up
Each year we assist more than 14,000 businesses and entrepreneurs like you. Some have been in business for 50 years, some for five, others are ready to start. Our advising services are provided at no cost due to support from the U.S. Small Business Administration, state of Kansas, higher education across the state, and other local and regional partners. Whether you’re in business or ready to take your first steps, we encourage you to use our services.
Ready? Here’s how to start.
When you know that one-on-one is how you prefer to connect, start with Advising.
When you know that training will work best for you, start with Training.
Know specifically what you’re looking for? Is it a business valuation, exit plan, cybersecurity plan, strategic planning? Start with Specialized Services.
Our team will guide you through the process.
ADVISING AREAS – SAMPLE LIST
- Marketing Plans. Includes: creative ways to market your business; how to market a business with no money; how to market your business online; how to market your business on social media; marketing strategy small business; ways of marketing a product
- Cash Flow Issues and Solutions
- International Trade & Export Assistance. Includes: find new markets for my products; how to find buyers for export products; export buyers list; how to contact foreign buyers; find buyers for your products; how to get export orders how to determine the exportability of their products, assess and minimize export risk, educate them in export compliance, how to access export financing, analyze foreign competition to create a sustainable international competitive advantage, product preparation and international logistics, develop an international budget and marketing plan, how to sell overseas, how to ship overseas, how to sell products internationally
- Financial Analysis. Includes: types of financial statements; financial statement examples; financial statements analysis; causes of cash flow problems and solutions; cash flow problems examples; effects of cash flow problems; cash flow problems in small business; benchmarking example, benchmarking against other companies, understand current performance, how to do benchmarking with examples
- Strategic and Growth Planning. Includes: strategic planning services for small business; strategy; strategic management; strategic plan template; strategic planning definition
- Business Plans and Financial Projections. Includes: business plan tool; business plan template; best business plans; sample business proposal for a bank loan; loan proposal sample; business plan for funding request; sample business plan to attract investors; action plans; management
- Market and Customer Research. Includes: surveys; marketing; focus group; market segmentation; marketing strategies; market analysis; how to do market research for a business idea; how to conduct market research for a startup; how to do market research for a business plan; how to do market research before starting a business
- Start-up Processes Including Legal Structure
- Technology and Innovation. Includes: steps in commercialization of a product; commercialization process model; how to market an idea to a company; bringing a product to market steps; commercialization of an idea; invention to market companies; product commercialization strategy; innovative technology; commercialization
- Exit, Transition, and Succession planning. Includes: business succession planning; succession planning template; succession planning process; how do I sell my business; business for sale; succession planning; exit strategy; mergers and acquisitions; business transition
- Business Disaster Recovery Planning
- Business Valuation. Includes: valuation of a business; small business valuation; business valuation calculator; business valuation methods; business valuation services; how to value a company; business for sale; valuation; business brokers; company valuation; how to value a business; selling a business; buying a business
- Cybersecurity. Includes: small business cyber security plan; small business cyber security guide; cyber security tips for small business; small business cyber security consulting; small business computer security; small business cybersecurity; how can companies protect themselves from hackers; how to protect company data; basics of cyber security; security cameras; security companies; cyber security training; business security; NIST
If you’re looking for introductory online courses, start here: http://www.va-interactive.com/sbdc/ot/modules.php?state_name=KS
TRAINING – SAMPLE LIST
- Sales & Marketing Presentations
- Internet Marketing & Social Media
- Accounting Systems
- Hiring the Right People
- Sales Plans and Staff Training
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Our team will connect you with the right experts in on our team and guide you through the process.
SPECIALIZED SERVICES/CONSULTING – SAMPLE LIST
- Technology Commercialization
- Cybersecurity Assessment/Business Continuity Plan Development
- Certified Business Valuation